Monday, September 28, 2009

Finished Projects!

I finally finished the mystery afghan - now officially a wedding gift. The pattern is Bernat's Lace and Cable Afghan. I'm pleased with the finished product, but it took a lot longer than I anticipated and I came to regret starting it in the first place. The last couple of months I was referring to it as the "Wretched Afghan," and had to force myself to work on it. But it's finished, and now I can move on to other projects. I've got a nice long list going!

Whenever I needed a break from the Wretched Afghan, I knit a few rows on this little guy:


Sheldon the Turtle - isn't he cute? I couldn't resist, and it was a surprisingly quick knit. He's now at work, making my office more cheerful.

I've already got a couple new projects going - a beautiful pair of cabled gloves and a pretty wool cardigan, both for me. I also have plans in the works for a beret-style hat with some dark green sparkly yarn I got on sale a while back, a recycled silk bag, and some sort of Steelers scarf of my own design, which is yet to be fully imagined.

I'm so excited to be knitting some fun new projects!

1 comment:

  1. The afghan is really pretty. I'm sure you're glad to be done with it. Sheldon is adorable. He'd make a cute baby gift. Mom

    ReplyDelete