Saturday, September 12, 2009

In Memoriam


The Beretta
1994 - 2009


Yes, it's true. The faithful Beretta is gone. Although I still really wasn't putting much money into it, it had just become too unreliable.

I will miss you, Beretta.

I will miss the manual crank windows that were perpetually frozen shut from December to March.
I will miss the way I never had to look at the speedometer because I knew how fast I was going by how much the car was shaking.
I will miss the ABS warning light that came on at random for no discernible reason.
I will miss the seat belt light that was always on, regardless of whether or not the seat belt was buckled.
I will miss the morning jump starts whenever the overnight temperature dipped into single digits.
I will miss the annual A/C system recharges at the beginning of every summer.
I will miss the dangling gas tank door with the rusty hinge.
Most of all, I will miss the thrilling sense of anticipation every time I turned the ignition key...are you going to start?!?

Trade in value of the Beretta? $100.

It is a huge loss. The Beretta was with me for 15 years. But we grieve, and we move on. I now have this sweet little ride:


I've wanted a Beetle FOREVER. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment