Saturday, June 27, 2009

What Is It?

This is one of my current knitting projects - a very pretty lace and shell design afghan. My original intent was that this would be for a wedding gift, and I bought some off-white yarn that I thought would give it a nice heirloom look.


As I started to knit it up, the yarn started to look more pale yellow than off-white to me, and I wasn't getting the effect I wanted. It was starting to look like a baby blanket. No big deal, I figured, I know a couple expecting a baby in a few months and would be quite happy to make this as a gift for them instead.

Now as I'm getting further along, I'm leaning the other way, and I think this might be ok as a wedding gift.

So what is it? A wedding afghan or a baby blanket? At the moment, it's a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty - I think it would work either way. Maybe the finished size will determine it's use. Mom

    ReplyDelete