Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Knitting Update

I've completed several projects over the past couple of months. In descending order of awesomeness:

LaBorgia Gloves:
Love these. Love the color, love the intricate cable pattern, love how warm and comfy they are. Pattern from Allison Green Will Knits.


Urchin Beret:
This is made from a blend of some sparkly clearance yarn I bought over the summer, and a chunky varigated wool to provide needed warmth and thickness. I'm super pleased with how the two blended together. Looks great with my gloves, too. I also made a black sparkly version as a Christmas gift for a friend. Pattern from Knitty.



Pirate Dog Coat:
I made this awesome coat for my brother's dog Pete for Christmas, and I made my brother a hat to match. Sadly, I neglected to take any pictures of Pete wearing it on Christmas Day (this pic is from the pattern). You'll have to take my word for it that it was super, in spite of not quite fitting properly. I also made my brother a matching hat. Pattern from Bernat.


Felted Flowers:
Only two shown below, but I cranked out a bunch of these in various colors for Christmas gifts for several friends and co-workers. Nothing terribly exciting, but cute enough. Devised these on my own.


Calluna Sweater:
This one looks much nicer off me than on. It's knit according to specs, but it doesn't hang quite right, and the buttons wound up in a weird spot. I've decided it's not worth unraveling and re-knitting. It's good enough to wear around the house, run errands, etc. Still, I'd hoped for a better result. Bummer. Pattern from Knit Picks.


Ugly Baby Sweater:
Nice pattern, but I must have been drunk when I picked these colors. I was aiming for a gender-neutral sweater that wasn't pastel, and wound up with this hideous Mexican clown look. Totally unacceptable for Tomato and Train Brain's baby, due in May. This one's going in the Goodwill bag. Pattern from Crystal Palace Yarns.


Currently, I've got a pair of socks on my needles, and I've selected a different pattern and bought new yarn for a 2nd attempt at an acceptable baby sweater. I got a kit as a Christmas gift to make a pretty pair of Nordic mittens and a matching hat, and Santa also left some lovely sock yarn in my stocking. I'll get rolling on those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment