Monday, August 3, 2009

Potter Post

I've been lax in sharing my thoughts on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I saw almost two weeks ago. Loved it! I think my favorite bits were little throwaway things that had nothing to do with the plot...Harry & Ron fighting over the good copy of their Potions textbook, the return of Quidditch to the films, Fred & George's new shop in Diagon Alley, etc.

And now, of course, I can't wait until the final (two-part) film comes out. And it's going to be a long wait. Part I is tentatively scheduled for November 2010 and Part II in July 2011. In the meantime, I'll enjoy re-reading the books from the very beginning and wasting time with stuff like this excellent Harry Potter quiz from Parade magazine. It's pretty challenging - I got 29/50, which is characterized as "Not bad. You've definitely got a little magic up your sleeve!"

No comments:

Post a Comment